| || |
William "Carey" Long
Carey Long is a Fitness Consultant, Trainer, Business Owner and Author
- Carey Long began his career in 1995 with Spectrum Fitness Clubs, a chain of fitness centers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- In 1999, he became a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (LPTA) and certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-CPT) and Johnny G Spinning Certified.
- Also in 1999, Carey started his company, Complete Fitness Inc. which provides personal trainers for multiple health clubs in Baton Rouge.
- He has served as the Greater Baton Rouge and State of Louisiana Senior Olympics Fitness Challenge Directors, Channel 2 (Cable Channel 5) WBRZ/ABC-affiliate "Ask the Expert" fitness advisor and currently serves as the Director of Fitness for Spectrum Fitness Club.
- Carey published his book, Real Life Fitness in 2010 and it focuses on getting the 40+ year old exercisers and first-time exercisers moving. The major focus of the book is extending life expectancy and quality with simple changes in views toward exercise, nutrition and balanced lifestyles.
- He recently promoted Real Life Fitness on the Donald Barrett show and is the guest fitness blogger for the Gonzales Weekly. He maintains his own blog at careylongfitness.com.
Carey Long was born on June 9, 1968 in Opelousas, Louisiana and is the third of four children. He studied at Our Lady of the Lake and lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Carey became interested I fitness at an early age. He was very athletic in high school and a standout in football, soccer and track and field. Following high school he began weight training.
After years of a body building weight lifter and fitness career, Long's life changed following the early deaths of his parents. His father died of heart
After years of successfully training clients and other trainers on his program he published REAL LIFE FITNESS to reach a larger audience.
About the Books
Real Life Fitness
Keep It Short and Simple Fitness
Click here to read more.